World Trade Organization Hands Trump enormous cock to shove up ly'n totalitarian faggit Europeans asses

Post Reply
User avatar
Slappy
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:36 pm
Karma: 1345
Location: Lymes backyard shed

World Trade Organization Hands Trump enormous cock to shove up ly'n totalitarian faggit Europeans asses

Post by Slappy » Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm

May 17, 2018
World Trade Organization rules against Europe's Airbus
By Peter Skurkiss

Image

If Europeans have been feeling blue over the way President Trump has been ruffling their sensitivities, things got measurably worse the other day. This past Tuesday, the World Trade Organization (WTO) gave the U.S. the green light to impose billions of dollars in retaliatory sanctions on European imports. The reason being is that the WTO determined that Europe had been illegally subsidizing its flagship aircraft company, Airbus, to the detriment of its American competitor Boeing.

You have to marvel at the extent the Europeans will go to turn a buck… or a euro in their case. Volkswagen was found to have monkeyed around with the software on their diesel vehicles to cheat on the emission standards. This resulted in multi-billion-dollar fines and a federal indictment for criminal conspiracy and wire fraud against the company's former CEO.

Then there's the ongoing reluctance of Europe to pay for its own defense. Only heaven knows how many billions this freeloading has cost the U.S. over the years. But it enables Europe to construct its cushy welfare state so what's not to like about it... at least from a European perspective?

And what was the Paris Climate Accord but a way to inordinately hamstring the U.S. economy so stodgy Europe wouldn't be left further behind by American innovation and dynamism? As for Trump ripping up the Obama-Iran nuclear deal, the French and German outrage over wasn't over concern about world safety but for jeopardizing their business interests with the mullahs.

Now we have this WTO ruling. It is the largest-ever WTO authorization of retaliatory tariffs. This by itself indicates the scope of Europe's illegal subsidies. A negotiated settlement between the U.S. and Europe is possible and probably likely in this matter. But because of Trump's past actions of putting America and its workers first, the Europeans should know that we have a president who will not roll over to appease them. Europe is not dealing with the likes of Obama or Clinton.

And what is particularly delicious about this approval for retaliatory tariffs is that they come from the WTO, an international body of the exact type which Europe holds up for solving trade issues.

User avatar
jeanV
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 pm
Karma: 1663

Re: World Trade Organization Hands Trump enormous cock to shove up ly'n totalitarian faggit Europeans asses

Post by jeanV » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Slappy wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm
May 17, 2018
World Trade Organization rules against Europe's Airbus
And what is particularly delicious about this approval for retaliatory tariffs is that they come from the WTO, an international body of the exact type which Europe holds up for solving trade issues.
All this shows is that Boeing is better at camouflaging its subsidies. Which are of 2 types:

• the military programs include hidden subsidies

• the state of Washington's is heavily subsidizing Boeing.
On 19 December 2014 the EU requested WTO mediated consultations with the US over the tax incentives given by the state of Washington to large civil aircraft manufacturers which they believed violated the earlier WTO ruling, on 22 April 2015 at the request of the EU a WTO panel was set up to rule on the complaint.[132] The tax incentives given by the state of Washington and believed to be the largest in US history[133] surpassing the previous record of $5.6bn over 30 years awarded by the state of New York to the aluminum producer Alcoa in 2007. The $8.7bn over 40 years incentive to Boeing to manufacture the 777X in the state includes $4.2bn from a 40% reduction in business taxes, £3.5bn in tax credits for the firm, a $562m tax credit on property and buildings belonging to Boeing, a $242m sales tax exemption for buying computers and $8m to train 1000 workers,[134] Airbus alleges this is larger than the budgeted cost of Boeing's 777X development program and the EU argues amounts to an entire publicly funded free aircraft program for Boeing, the legislation was an extension of the duration of a tax break program given to Boeing for Dreamliner development that had already been ruled illegal by the WTO in 2012.[135] Boeing defends the allegation by arguing the subsidies are available to anyone however for an aircraft to qualify for the tax breaks a company must manufacture aircraft wings and perform all final assembly for an aircraft model or variant exclusively in the state.[
Benedict Arnold Trump is a conceited idiot: Lock him up!!

User avatar
Mikgof
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am
Karma: 918

Re: World Trade Organization Hands Trump enormous cock to shove up ly'n totalitarian faggit Europeans asses

Post by Mikgof » Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 am

jeanV wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Slappy wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm
May 17, 2018
World Trade Organization rules against Europe's Airbus
And what is particularly delicious about this approval for retaliatory tariffs is that they come from the WTO, an international body of the exact type which Europe holds up for solving trade issues.
All this shows is that Boeing is better at camouflaging its subsidies. Which are of 2 types:

• the military programs include hidden subsidies

• the state of Washington's is heavily subsidizing Boeing.
On 19 December 2014 the EU requested WTO mediated consultations with the US over the tax incentives given by the state of Washington to large civil aircraft manufacturers which they believed violated the earlier WTO ruling, on 22 April 2015 at the request of the EU a WTO panel was set up to rule on the complaint.[132] The tax incentives given by the state of Washington and believed to be the largest in US history[133] surpassing the previous record of $5.6bn over 30 years awarded by the state of New York to the aluminum producer Alcoa in 2007. The $8.7bn over 40 years incentive to Boeing to manufacture the 777X in the state includes $4.2bn from a 40% reduction in business taxes, £3.5bn in tax credits for the firm, a $562m tax credit on property and buildings belonging to Boeing, a $242m sales tax exemption for buying computers and $8m to train 1000 workers,[134] Airbus alleges this is larger than the budgeted cost of Boeing's 777X development program and the EU argues amounts to an entire publicly funded free aircraft program for Boeing, the legislation was an extension of the duration of a tax break program given to Boeing for Dreamliner development that had already been ruled illegal by the WTO in 2012.[135] Boeing defends the allegation by arguing the subsidies are available to anyone however for an aircraft to qualify for the tax breaks a company must manufacture aircraft wings and perform all final assembly for an aircraft model or variant exclusively in the state.[

You forgot the other thing that Boeing uses to rip off American taxpayers. The Space program. As a prime contractor for the ISS which eventually cost 12 times its originally stated cost, Boeing skimmed off 10's of billions from taxpayers. The Same with ULA, charging 4 times what SpaceX would charge for the same missions and of course the SLS. Once it is eventually built, at the cost of 10's of billions of taxpayers money, each launch will cost NASA at least 1 billion. Boeing doesn't need to produce a single aircraft, civil or military to earn its shareholders billions. Not while the taxpayers seem to have bottomless pockets.
Alternative facts: Ignorance is Strength.

User avatar
WilyB
Posts: 968
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 am
Karma: 1186
Location: High up down town

Re: World Trade Organization Hands Trump enormous cock to shove up ly'n totalitarian faggit Europeans asses

Post by WilyB » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 am

jeanV wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm

All this shows is that Boeing is better at camouflaging its subsidies.
It's a pity BOEING sucks at producing aircraft. Where are those KC-46 tankers that were supposed to be delivered in 2017?
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018/03 ... -problems/

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Air Force’s troubled KC-46 tanker program has hit another bump, adding two of the most serious types of deficiencies yet to the list of problems manufacturer Boeing needs to fix.

The service on Thursday evening disclosed two “category one” deficiencies involving the remote vision system and centerline drogue systems, and there is no concrete timeline by which these issues will be fixed, Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said in an email.
The dogs whimper, and the caravan goes into overdrive.

User avatar
Mikgof
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am
Karma: 918

Re: World Trade Organization Hands Trump enormous cock to shove up ly'n totalitarian faggit Europeans asses

Post by Mikgof » Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 am

WilyB wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 am
jeanV wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm

All this shows is that Boeing is better at camouflaging its subsidies.
It's a pity BOEING sucks at producing aircraft. Where are those KC-46 tankers that were supposed to be delivered in 2017?
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2018/03 ... -problems/

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Air Force’s troubled KC-46 tanker program has hit another bump, adding two of the most serious types of deficiencies yet to the list of problems manufacturer Boeing needs to fix.

The service on Thursday evening disclosed two “category one” deficiencies involving the remote vision system and centerline drogue systems, and there is no concrete timeline by which these issues will be fixed, Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek said in an email.
That is a problem that the entire Western world suffers from. We award defence contracts on a cost-plus system. That encourages them to understate the time and cost to build any bit of military equipment. It's in their own interest to string out every project for as long as possible. Most people have forgotten that the F-35 JSF was originally touted as being the cheapest jet fighter during its lifetime, ever. Now it will be the most expensive. Cost-plus encouraged that. The contractors deliberately understated the cost and time to develop and build the aircraft. They knew that once we were committed to it, it would be too big and we'd have spent too much to cancel.

Now we discover that for our planes to have all of the capabilities originally touted, each plane will cost us £150 million plus. Not to mention the total lifetime running costs that will be considerably higher than they originally said. The thieving bastards.
Alternative facts: Ignorance is Strength.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest